Apologies for the delay. Set out below is my feedback regarding the hotels and the penguin trip. Let me know if you have any questions.
1. Casa Silva – Hotel is very nice; service a bit hit and miss (this may be partially due to the fact that it was over New Year's), especially disappointing that they didn't even offer a tour of the vineyard on those days.
2. Casa Higueras – Excellent in all respects, including great restaurant recommendations and service.
3. Luciano K – Disappointing, especially the room procured by Tierra is unacceptable due to the lack of windows to the outside.
4. Hare Boutik – Hotel and rooms are very nice. The prices quoted for the tours were outrageous – ended up renting a car with a Chilean couple staying at the hotel as well and this worked out perfectly.
5. Tierra Chiloe – Simply stunning, absolutely amazing in all respects. The hotel is truly a destination in itself.
6. Tierra Atacama – Liked the hotel (but not as much as Chiloe); the meal times in the evening were limited, especially when coming from an excursion running late into the evening (you effectively could not shower before having to rush for dinner) (in Chiloe dinner is also not served late but because the trips finish earlier, it's not an issue).
7. La Yagua Loca – Charming hotel; the restaurant is also great (had a delicious lunch there after the penguin trip).
8. Penguin Trip – Very well organised (the trip itself as well as the transfers); enjoyed it enormously.
9. Tierra Patagonia – Absolutely beautiful hotel but felt less personal than Tierra Chiloe; we had issues with the tours (having been put into a group with retirees), overall even though the property itself is stunning, the service / management are not at par with the other Tierra properties. Same issue with dinner time in the evening when trips finish late.
10. Lastarria Boutique Hotel – It's an ok hotel and the room we had was fine but nothing really to rave about.
Once again many thanks for organising the trip for us – we really absolutely enjoyed it!